Track Warning Services has experience using leading technologies for patrolling and installing speed warning equipment on major infrastructure projects. They became the preferred supplier to Amey Colas for the West Coast Main Line project and provided Critical Rail Temperature Monitoring. RSSI collaborated with Amey Colas to identify project factors and produced an Interface Network Map outlining responsibilities, objectives, stakeholders, methodology, milestones, resources, cost and access.
- Experience in Hot Weather Patrolling and Speed Warning equipment services for major infrastructure projects
- Preferred supplier to Amey Colas to provide Critical Rail Temperature Monitoring on the West Coast Main Line
- Collaborated with Amey Colas to produce an Interface Network Map outlining responsibilities, objectives, deliverables, stakeholders, methodology, milestones, HSQE resources, cost, and access
- Supplied fully trained and experienced CRT Operatives and supplied and installed EROS Board
- Assisted with the development of the Work Package Plan/Task Brief and completing all work under line blockage
- RSSI delivered all works within agreed costs and project milestones
West Coast Mainline
Track Warning Services
RSSI supplied fully trained and experienced CRT Operatives, including a Controller of Site Safety, Protection Controller, and two team members stationed on both the up and down roads positioned near the adjoining access.
RSSI was assigned to support in the delivery of Amey Colas’s pre-planned works where stressing had failed to be achieved during the track renewals by monitoring the track temperature and quality until we had achieved full stressing. The team took the temperature every 30 minutes using CRT Thermometers every 30 minutes and cross levelling and visual inspections to check track condition. To provide a comprehensive and accurate reading, the team used a combination of Magnetic Gauges to take the temperature of all three locations to calculate the average temperature and use a laser thermometer from the nearby place of safety.
RSSI also supplied and installed EROS Board, including relevant speed signs commencement boards, repeater board and termination boards. RSSI has achieved a 5* RISQS approval rating for the last eight years. Our in-house, fully qualified Safe System of Work Planners and the Track Services team are experienced in deploying these types of systems. They ensured Amey Colas benefited from a solution that conformed to the NR/L2/OHS/019 standard. RSSI supported Amey Colas in this process by assisting with the development of the Work Package Plan/Task Brief, and all work was completed under line blockage.
RSSI delivered all works with no over-runs and in line with agreed costs and project milestones.