Chiltern Rail extended their depot near Banbury Train Station and asked Fenix to install a control system. PodTrak was contracted for the civil works, and RSS Infrastructure was contacted for the signalling work. RSS Infrastructure provided a team for installation and testing, including a tester who went to Germany to test the software with Pintsch. The complete package provided by RSS Infrastructure enabled the completion of installation, testing, and commissioning, and staff liaised with multiple parties to ensure successful project completion.
- Chiltern Rail asked for an extension to their depot near Banbury Train Station
- Fenix was asked to install a control system
- PodTrak was contracted for civil works
- RSS Infrastructure was contacted for signalling work and provided a team for installation and testing
- A tester from the team went to Germany to test the software with Pintsch
- The team completed the installation, testing, and commissioning
- Staff liaised with multiple parties to ensure successful project completion
As part of the HS2 enabling works, Chiltern Rail was asked to extend their depot near Banbury Train Station by adding four stabling sidings. Fenix was asked to install their bespoke depot control system for the extension. The civil works were contracted to PodTrak, and Fenix engaged RSS Infrastructure to carry out the signalling side of the work, which included three sets of points, 14 axle counters, 21 signals, associated locations, and disconnection boxes.
To complete the project, RSS Infrastructure provided a team consisting of a TIC who created and implemented a Test Strategy, Test Plan, and Task Briefs. The team also included team leaders and installation staff who carried out the site installation, and a full testing team, including a Principles Tester who visited Germany to test the software with Pintsch at their factory depot. The software was then updated and tested again on site at Banbury.
The benefit to the client was that RSS Infrastructure provided a complete package to enable the completion of installation works, testing, and commissioning. Staff from RSS Infrastructure liaised with Fenix, Pintsch, Babcock, Network Rail, and Chiltern Trains to ensure the successful completion of the installation, testing, and commissioning of the signalling side of the project.