Full-time or flexible.
Due to our continuous growth at RSS Infrastructure, SMTH Testers are required for Signalling (S&T) projects across the UK. We work for a number of clients as a Tier 1 and Tier 2 contractor across England. This is a nationwide opportunity, so if you’re looking for a change and have the skills we’re looking for, we want to hear from you!
Duties for the role of SMTH Tester:
- Carry out maintenance work on signalling equipment in line with Network Rail standards and the timescale as specified in the maintenance schedule, Task Briefings and as directed by the Team Supervisor.
- Assist in checking/investigating safety standards and/or system failures.
- Work with and support the development of the signalling team.
- Report problems arising during maintenance, installation and following completion of work.
- Previous experience working as a SMTH Tester
- Car driver with ability to travel and potentially work away from home as and when necessary
- IRSE licence is preferred – 1.4.110 Maintainer, 1.4.230 Maintainer / Fault Finder, 1.8.100 Team Leader, 1.4.160 Signal Maintenance Tester
- If you do not have IRSE, we may be able to consider SMTH, HW2000, HPSS and evidence of your work
Whilst we work across the whole of England, a lot of our work is based around Milton Keynes, Plymouth, Doncaster, Birmingham and Kettering. We welcome applicants from anywhere in the UK.
PAYE permanent roles OR flexible zero-hour options
About RSS Infrastructure
RSS Infrastructure (RSSI) is a multi-disciplinary service provider for the rail and construction sectors. We have an award-winning reputation for developing solutions to improve safety and productivity.
Founded in 2007, RSSI provides a range of services to the infrastructure sector including; arboriculture, construction and civils, magnetic track safety services, overhead line electrification, possession management, safety-critical resources, signalling, and welding. RSSI is also the only company in the UK that offers Track Warning Systems.
RSSI has more than 150 full-time employees and a large contingent workforce that covers most of the UK. It operates from offices in Birmingham, Doncaster, and Cwmbran.
As an equal opportunities employer, RSSI does not discriminate based on ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender, or sexual orientation. As a proud signatory to the Armed Forces Covenant, we encourage reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we strive to create equal opportunities and encourage under-represented groups to apply for roles and join us, visit our parent company website – Work for Us.
How to apply
In the first instance, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org