PTS Rail Engineer27/06/2022 PTS Rail Engineer DY1, Dudley, West Midlands (County)
DY1 Dudley, West Midlands Based, Excellent day rate – (£250-£350/day)
What will I be doing?
Providing leadership and coaching whilst aiding efficient delivery of all secured contracts ensuring management of key client expectations/contracts whilst undertaking all aspects of highway civil engineering, assisting ensuring the compliance with all Quality procedures and safe working practices undertaking all works to the highest possible Health, Safety and environmental standards. Accurate Setting out and measurement.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Accountability
- Acting as the main technical adviser on site.
- Setting out, levelling and surveying the site.
- Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
- Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications.
- Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant.
- Making cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project.
- Overseeing quality control and health and safety matters on site.
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Efficient deployment of company resource with a good understanding of output and project efficiencies, task identification and leadership.
- Provide leadership and direction to individuals assigned to ensure the safe and efficient discharge of the works to specification and to a good standard of quality.
- Ensure Right First-Time approach to all work. Zero defects.
- Ensure appropriate use of small plant / tools whilst holding suitable competency certificates.
- Monitor plant / equipment efficiency avoiding unnecessary costs and damages.
- Maintain professional approach positively reflecting the image of the company.
- Ensure works are carried out in a safe manner adhering to site specific Risk Assessment & Method Statements.
- Responsible for personnel welfare and adherence to CDM requirements.
- Deliver / Attend inductions / toolbox talks / all appropriate briefings.
- As you will expect the organisation may change from time to time and you will be expected to meet the operational requirements.
- Any other reasonable duties as required from time to time.
What experience would we like you to have?
- CAD experience
- Highly proficient with setting out techniques
- Working Knowledge of Health & Safety / CDM responsibilities
- Experience of NEC & ICE contracts
- Knowledge of safety, quality and environmental procedures
- Knowledge of commercial and financial procedures
- New bridge construction and bridge deck replacements
- Reinforced concrete construction experience
- Demonstrable experience of plant, labour and materials management and cost control
- Meticulous record keeping
- Eye for detail and quality control
- Appropriate Degree qualification in Construction / Civil Engineering
- Minimum 5-year experience in a similar role
- Professionally qualified
- CSCS Supervisor / Management card
RSS Infrastructure Ltd has been recognised at the Rail Partnership Awards and Rail Business Awards for its work within the Rail and Construction industry, developing bespoke solutions for clients that deliver improved safety and productivity.
Founded in 2007, we have rapidly established ourselves within the rail sector with a comprehensive range of services, particularly for supplying Contingent Labour. Operating from our offices in Birmingham, Doncaster and Cwmbran, we are focused on providing high levels of customer service, quality, safety and value-driven engineering solutions and advice to all our customers.
The company has over 100 directly employed staff members and a diverse contingent labour workforce that cover the majority of the UK. We have developed a service portfolio that includes; Arboriculture, Construction & Civils, Magnetic Track Safety Services, Overhead Line Electrification, Resource & Recruitment, Signalling and Welding, as well as being the UK’s sole provider of Track Warning Systems.
RSS Infrastructure Ltd and INFRA Skills Ltd are members of Auctus Management Group Ltd. All group members deliver a range of services covering safety, people solutions, training and community engagement across the infrastructure sector.
As an equal opportunity employer, RSS Infrastructure does not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel please visit our website.
How To Apply
In the first instance, please forward your CV to email@example.comApply online