PTS De-Vegetation Operative08/09/2021 PTS De-Vegetation Operative West Midlands
PTS De-Vegetation Operatives needed for contracted work within our Arboriculture/Vegetation Management Division. Based in West Midlands. Excellent rates of pay, Van and Fuel Card, Immediate start.
From our offices in Birmingham, Newport and Doncaster, RSS Infrastructure has over 100 directly employed staff members and a diverse contingent labour workforce that covers most of the UK.
The company has developed a service portfolio that includes; Construction and Civils solutions, Vegetation Management, Overhead Line Electrification, Safety-Critical Resourcing, Signalling and Welding Services and the UK’s sole provider of Track Warning Systems.
What will I be doing?
- Understand the delivery of all elements of railway de-vegetation works.
- Consider occupational and environmental risks to members of the workforce and public and raise to the supervisor accordingly.
- Demonstrate knowledge and undertake safe work practices for yourself and those around you.
- Ensure a good understanding of tree identification
- Ability to complete risk assessments to a high standard
- Confidence to understand and brief out risk assessments
- Good understanding of how to identify, and work to, industry best practice and deliver excellent standards of work.
- Light vegetation & fencing repairs
What experience would we like you to have?
- Experience of delivering de-vegetation within a railway environment
- Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-Cutting Unit 201 & 202
- Small Tree Felling Unit 203
- Emergency First Aid at work 1 day course
- Personal track safety (PTS)
It is desirable but not essential that the candidate holds the following NPTC PA1, PA6, CSCS, NPTC CS38 and CS39, manually fed Woodchipper these are not essential as training will be provided.
What benefits will I receive?
- Free competency training and renewals provided
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Long term, regular work
- Transport provided
- All PPE required provided
- Accommodation and meals paid for
RSS INFRASTRUCTURE has been recognised by Network Rail at the 2018 ‘Rail Partnership Awards’ for its work within the Rail and Construction industry, developing bespoke solutions for clients that deliver improved safety and productivity.
Our mission is to ensure that we make our clients operate more safely and achieve more productivity when on-site, whether delivering new projects, track renewal programmes, or maintaining the rail infrastructure.
We are not just another infrastructure company but also a trusted company that understands the value of partnerships and long-standing business relationships, continually looking to deliver outstanding performance and customer service. We remain one of the market-leading rail services groups in the UK.
We believe in individuals’ value and contribution, respecting our organisation’s diverse makeup and need people who want to make a difference to our clients and the Group’s growth.
Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, seven days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services into a highly demanding industry sector that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations.
A strong work ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business. We want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work-life without cutting corners and understanding the essence of safety and customer service. We are a people-orientated business, nurturing and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, RSS Infrastructure does not discriminate based on ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel, please visit our website.
How to apply
To apply forward your CV to email@example.com or apply onlineApply online