Fencing Installation Supervisor07/03/2021 Fencing Installation Supervisor Birmingham/West Midlands
Fencing Installation Supervisor for a permanent position in our Construction and Civils Division. Based in Birmingham/West Midlands. Competitive salary and benefits package.
From our offices in Birmingham, Newport and Doncaster, RSS Infrastructure has over 100 directly employed staff members and a diverse contingent labour workforce that covers most of the UK.
The company has developed a service portfolio that includes; Construction and Civils solutions, Vegetation Management, Overhead Line Electrification, Track Access, Safety-Critical Resourcing, Signalling and Welding Services and the UK’s sole provider of Track Warning Systems.
What will I be doing?
Your role will be to oversee the planning and installation of fencing, ensuring site teams have the information and equipment to deliver the works effectively and efficiently.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Ensure teams understand plans to deliver requirements as specified by the client
- Oversee and create equipment list for site delivery works
- Identify all relevant site details
- Consider occupational and environmental risks to members of the public
- Maintain a healthy working relationship with Principal Contractors and/or Contractors, obtaining future work plans to assist growth
- Assist in offering the correct systems for the required works
- Allocate the necessary workforce to cover worksite requirements as appropriate
- Installation and decommissioning of fencing, ensuring we are compliant with the appropriate system manual and all relevant standards
- Delivering safety briefs using clear language, ensuring the workforce understand the requirements and risks
- Attend site surveys to facilitate the safe and appropriate use of equipment as required
- Attend client meetings as required
- Support, manage and give direction to the Team Leaders and the site teams
- Where applicable, inform the Construction and Civils Co-ordinator for PO amendments if the client alters the job
- Request POs from the Commercial team as and when required
- Develop pricing documents as required
- Effectively complete daily site shift reports as required
- Maintain the highest levels of confidentiality
- Continually monitor the operational effectiveness
- Record and action customer complaints
- Protect the reputation and interests of the company at all times
- To identify and develop growth and business opportunities as and when possible
What are the hours of work?
You will be required to work 40 hours per week Monday to Friday. Hours of work will vary depending upon the time of year. During the summer months, the hours will be from 0730 until 1730. During the winter months, hours of work will be 0800 to 1630.
What experience would we like you to have?
The successful candidate must hold a current CSCS and SMSTS qualification.
Experience in site delivery requirements and a proven track record of successfully managing site delivery worker teams. Interfacing with staff across all departments at all levels and capable of prioritising and coordinating resources, plant and labour to ensure the successful delivery of the works.
Applicants should also hold a full UK driving licence.
What benefits will I receive?
RSS Infrastructure offers a range of benefits, including:
- 20 days paid annual leave rising to 25 plus statutory bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Sick pay
- Health Cash Plan
- Free car parking
- Company van
- Fuel card
RSS INFRASTRUCTURE has been recognised by Network Rail at the 2018 ‘Rail Partnership Awards’ for its work within the Rail and Construction industry, developing bespoke solutions for clients that deliver improved safety and productivity.
Our mission is to ensure that we make our clients operate more safely and achieve more productivity when on-site, whether delivering new projects, track renewal programmes, or maintaining the rail infrastructure.
We are not just another infrastructure company but also a trusted company that understands the value of partnerships and long-standing business relationships, continually looking to deliver outstanding performance and customer service. We remain one of the market-leading rail services groups in the UK.
We believe in individuals’ value and contribution, respecting our organisation’s diverse makeup and need people who want to make a difference to our clients and the Group’s growth.
Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, seven days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services into a highly demanding industry sector that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations.
A strong work ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business. We want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work-life without cutting corners and understanding the essence of safety and customer service. We are a people-orientated business, nurturing and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, RSS Infrastructure does not discriminate based on ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel, please visit our website.
How to apply
To apply forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply onlineApply online