Full time position Monday to Friday 08.00 – 17.00
Salary negotiable based upon experience, plus excellent benefits package
RSS INFRASTRUCTURE Limited (RSSI), has been recognised by Network Rail at the 2018 ‘Rail Partnership Awards’ winning SME of the Year, for its work within the Rail and Construction industry, developing bespoke solutions for clients that deliver improved safety and productivity.
From our offices in Birmingham, Doncaster and Newport RSS Infrastructure has over 100 directly employed staff members and a diverse contingent labour workforce that cover the majority of the UK. The company has developed a service portfolio that includes; Overhead Line Electrification, Vegetation Management, Track Access, Civils/Construction solutions, Safety Critical Resource Services, Magnetic Safety Barrier Fencing, Magnetic Points Boards, Signalling Services as well as being the UK’s sole provider of Track Warning Systems.
What will I be doing?
On a day-to-day basis, you will provide support to 4 busy board directors ensuring efficient diary management, email screening, prioritising and filtering and travel planning. You will work closely with the Directors to ensure that all business plans and actions are recorded, implemented and reviewed, allowing Directors to focus on business and client development. Organising meetings, preparing presentations / documents and minute taking.
On a day to day basis your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring time is created for the Directors to work on the growth of the business and not work “in the business”. Removing non-essential tasks and administration.
- Preparation of presentations, reports and measuring KPIs.
- Confidential minute taking, preparation of documents and reports, email management (sifting and responding where appropriate).
- Attending events to represent the business as and when necessary.
- Fully supporting Directors in the implementation and management of business plans. Managing the action logs to ensure all agreed actions are prioritised and completed, liaison with the necessary Directors or Heads of Department, to chase outstanding actions.
- Telephone answering, management of diaries including co-ordinating meetings and events.
- Co-ordinating and planning all travel and hotel requirements for the Company, managing the cost and centralising control and management of the process.
- Ensuring Directors 1-2-1 meeting are scheduled and completed and copies of action logs/reviews are held on file centrally for HR records.
- Where required, attend training and competency development courses as directed by the Company.
- Achieving, as a minimum, the objectives and KPI’s set by the Directors. Contributing to the continued success of the business, and in particular the EA job role, by participating in open and honest discussions with the Directors.
- Taking reasonable care for the health and safety of self and others who may be affected by acts or omissions related to your work. Co-operating fully with the management of the Company with regards to any duty or requirement imposed on them by the relevant Health and Safety legislation to allow that duty or requirement to be carried out or complied with. Reporting all near misses, incidents and accidents through the correct reporting chain immediately that you are aware of any occurrence.
- Where directed, completing any tasks as required by the business across the Group companies to ensure compliance, safety and business continuity.
What experience would we like you to have?
To be selected for interview for this role, your application should demonstrate significant experience in a EA / PA role including
- Expert knowledge and experience of using MS Office products including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- The ability to adapt and respond positively to a variety of situations and people in order to meet changing priorities in the role.
- The desire to anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of customers ensuring all staff are safety focused, professional and delivering a quality service at all times.
- Displaying the highest standards of ethics and compliance, acting with the utmost integrity at all times, in a highly confidential role.
- Willingness and ability to work co-operatively and supportively with colleagues, developing positive, open working relationships in order to solve problems and to help achieve business goals
- The underlying drive to ensure that quality is not compromised within the working environment.
- Ability to demonstrate open, honest and ethical behaviour in all dealings with customers, clients, colleagues, suppliers, partners and the public.
- Team player, equally happy to work autonomously and with direction, where appropriate
- Positive and professional attitude and willingness to deliver an excellent service at all times
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritise effectively
- Excellent and confident communicator with a range of stakeholders, both verbal and written
- Ability to influence others and constructively challenge the status quo where required
What can you expect from us?
RSS Infrastructure offer a range of benefits including:
- 20 days paid annual leave + 8 bank holidays (increasing with length of service)
- Contributory pension scheme
- BHSF healthcare cash plan
- BUPA Private Health scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Sick pay increasing with length of service
- Long service awards
About RSS Infrastructure
Our mission is to ensure that we make our clients operate more safely and achieve more productivity when on site, whether delivering new projects, track renewal programmes or maintenance of the rail infrastructure. We are not just another infrastructure company, but a trusted company who understands the value of partnerships and long standing business relationships, continually looking to deliver outstanding performance and customer service, and we remain as one of the market leading rail services groups within the UK.
We believe in the value and contribution of individuals, respecting the diverse make up of our organisation and need people who want to make a difference to our clients and to the growth of the Group. Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services in to a highly demanding industry sector, that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations. A strong work ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business, we want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work life, without cutting corners and who understand the essence of safety and customer service. We are a people orientated business, nurturing, and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, RSS Infrastructure do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel please visit our website.
How to apply
In the first instance, please forward your CV to email@example.com