South Wales with some UK travel
Full Time permanent position, salary negotiable + competitive benefits package
RSS INFRASTRUCTURE Limited (RSSI), has been recognised by Network Rail at the 2018 ‘Rail Partnership Awards’, being awarded SME of the Year, for its work within the Rail and Construction industry, developing bespoke solutions for clients that deliver improved safety and productivity.
From our offices in Birmingham, Cwmbran and Doncaster, RSS Infrastructure has over 250 directly employed staff members and a diverse contingent labour workforce that cover the majority of the UK. The company has developed a service portfolio that includes; Overhead Line Electrification, Vegetation Management, Track Access, Civils/Construction solutions, Safety Critical Resource Services, Magnetic Safety Barrier Fencing, Magnetic Points Boards, Signalling Services as well as being the UK’s sole provider of Track Warning Systems.
What will I be doing?
We seek an experienced and highly motivated Ecologist to support our arboriculture division. The successful candidate will play a key role in conducting ecological surveys, producing reports, and providing ecological advice, toolbox talks, watching briefs and support to our vegetation management operatives and clients. The role will involve working on various projects across Wales and England, focusing on environmental impact assessments, habitat management plans, and protected species surveys.
On a day to day basis your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting ecological surveys and assessments in accordance with relevant legislation, guidelines, and best practice standards.
- Producing high-quality ecological reports, including impact assessments, mitigation strategies, and habitat management plans.
- Providing ecological advice and support to clients, including liaising with statutory bodies, local authorities, and other stakeholders.
- Managing projects effectively, ensuring deadlines are met and work is delivered to a high standard.
- Undertaking research and keep up to date with developments in ecological science and legislation.
- Contributing to the development of proposals and tenders for new work
What experience would we like you to have?
To be invited for interview, your application and experience should demonstrate:
- A degree in ecology.
- Must have a relevant Bat License
- Must have a relevant Door mouse License
- Full UK driving license
- Proven experience in watching briefs.
- A strong understanding of UK and EU wildlife legislation and policy.
- Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM)
RSS Infrastructure offer a range of benefits including:
- 20 days paid annual leave rising to 25 plus statutory bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private Medical Cover
- Health Cash Plan
- Company Van
- Sick Pay
- Mobile Phone
- Fuel Card
About RSS Infrastructure
Our mission is to ensure that we make our clients operate more safely and achieve more productivity when on site, whether delivering new projects, track renewal programmes or maintenance of the rail infrastructure. We are not just another infrastructure company, but a trusted company who understands the value of partnerships and long standing business relationships, continually looking to deliver outstanding performance and customer service, and we remain as one of the market leading rail services groups within the UK.
We believe in the value and contribution of individuals, respecting the diverse make up of our organisation and need people who want to make a difference to our clients and to the growth of the Group. Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services in to a highly demanding industry sector, that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations. A strong work ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business, we want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work life, without cutting corners and who understand the essence of safety and customer service. We are a people orientated business, nurturing, and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, RSS Infrastructure do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel please visit our website.
How to apply
In the first instance, please forward your CV to email@example.com