Delivery Manager (Rail)25/03/2022 Delivery Manager (Rail) Birmingham
Birmingham Based. Full-Time permanent position, salary negotiable + competitive benefits package
Our client is a team of planning, design and construction specialists building a number of new tram extensions across the West Midlands. Formed in 2016 to transform the West Midlands by delivering the best integrated transport system for the future. We work hard to be a best practice organisation, delivering stakeholder-focused services as it plans and delivers five Metro extensions across the region for the West Midlands Combined Authority.
What will I be doing?
The Delivery Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management and delivery of the projects (or parts of projects at Birmingham Eastside Metro extension to Digbeth which will serve the High Speed 2 (HS2) station at Curzon Street. The 1.7km route is planned to run from Bull Street to a new terminus.
- Deliver individual projects or parts of projects in a safe & environmentally responsible manner to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Alliance Principles – End Result – Projects delivered to time, cost and quality.
- Perform the above tasks in accordance with the Alliance Charter – End Result – collaborative behaviours demonstrated across stakeholders.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the WMCA, ensuring they are suitably consulted and informed throughout the project lifecycle– End Result – Stakeholders informed as to project status and needs managed.
- Manage change and risks within the project life cycle for allocated schemes, in accordance with the processes set in place by the Alliance, and its individual participants – End Result – Pro-active management of risk and change leading to ‘no surprises’ and delivery within budget.
What hours will I be expected to work?
Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week.
What experience would we like you to have?
- Knowledge of safety, quality and environmental procedures.
- Knowledge of commercial and financial procedures.
- Knowledge of GRIP (Governance of Rail Infrastructure Projects).
- Recognised Project Management qualification.
- Membership (or working towards membership) of the Association for Project Management or other professional body.
Our client offers a range of benefits including:
- 26 days paid annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- Car allowance of £6120 per annum
- Contributory Pension
- Healthshield health cash plan
As an equal opportunity’s employer, we do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
RSS Infrastructure Ltd has been recognised at the Rail Partnership Awards and Rail Business Awards for its work within the Rail and Construction industry, developing bespoke solutions for clients that deliver improved safety and productivity.
Founded in 2007, we have rapidly established ourselves within the rail sector with a comprehensive range of services, particularly for supplying Contingent Labour. Operating from our offices in Birmingham, Doncaster and Cwmbran, we are focused on providing high levels of customer service, quality, safety and value-driven engineering solutions and advice to all our customers.
The company has over 100 directly employed staff members and a diverse contingent labour workforce that cover the majority of the UK. We have developed a service portfolio that includes; Arboriculture, Construction & Civils, Magnetic Track Safety Services, Overhead Line Electrification, Resource & Recruitment, Signalling and Welding, as well as being the UK’s sole provider of Track Warning Systems.
RSS Infrastructure Ltd and INFRA Skills Ltd are members of Auctus Management Group Ltd. All group members deliver a range of services covering safety, people solutions, training and community engagement across the infrastructure sector.
How To Apply
To apply please either:
- Forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click the ‘Apply Online’ button below