De-Veg Ground Worker (Llandudno)10/09/2021 Ground Worker Llandudno
Llandudno Junction/Wales LL31 Based – Excellent Rates of Pay + Van and Fuel Card
RSS Infrastructure Ltd (RSSI), has been recognised by Network Rail at the 2018 ‘Rail Partnership Awards’ for its work within the Rail and Construction industry, developing bespoke solutions for clients that deliver improved safety and productivity.
From our offices in Birmingham, Doncaster and Newport, RSS Infrastructure has over 100 directly employed staff members and a diverse contingent labour workforce that cover the majority of the UK. The company has developed a service portfolio that includes; Arboriculture, Construction & Civils, Magnetic Safety Services, OLE, Resource & Recruitment, Signalling and Welding, as well as being the UK’s sole provider of Track Warning Systems.
What will I be doing?
The role is to be part of a 2–3-man team. The majority of the work will be in the Llandudno Junction area, with opportunity to provide cover to other teams as and when required.
- Proven experience and working knowledge in supporting an arborist climber
- Proficient and confident in saw use including felling
- Understand the delivery of all elements of forestry works
- Consider occupational and environmental risks to members of the workforce and public
- To maintain a healthy working relationship with Principal Contractors and/or Contractors, obtaining future work plans to assist growth
- Knowledge of H&S in all elements of site delivery
- Excellent understanding of tree identification
- Ability to complete risk assessments and daily checks to a high standard
- Confidence to understand and brief out risk assessments
- Good understanding of how to identify, and work to, industry best practice and deliver excellent standards of work
What experience would we like you to have?
To be considered for these roles we are looking for individuals who can demonstrate:
- Experience of delivering forestry works within a railway environment
- Hold NPTC CS30, CS31 and First Aid at Work Certificate
- Comfortable communicating with site teams
It is desirable that the candidate holds the following; Personal Track Safety (PTS), Wood Chipper, MEWP, B+E License, these are not essential as training will be provided.
RSS Infrastructure offers a range of benefits including:
- Free competency training and renewals provided
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Long term, regular work
- Transport provided
- All PPE required provided
- Accommodation and meals paid for
Our mission is to ensure that we make our clients operate more safely and achieve more productivity when on site, whether delivering new projects, track renewal programmes or maintenance of the rail infrastructure. We are not just another infrastructure company, but a trusted company who understands the value of partnerships and long standing business relationships, continually looking to deliver outstanding performance and customer service, and we remain as one of the market leading rail services groups within the UK.
We believe in the value and contribution of individuals, respecting the diverse make up of our organisation and need people who want to make a difference to our clients and to the growth of the Group. Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services in to a highly demanding industry sector, that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations. A strong worth ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business, we want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work life, without cutting corners and who understand the essence of safety and customer service. We are a people orientated business, nurturing, and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, RSS Infrastructure do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel please visit our website.
How To Apply
To apply forward your CV to email@example.com or apply onlineApply online