COSS (West Midlands)08/09/2021 Resource and Recruitment Department West Midlands
West Midlands Based. Excellent rates of pay + free training
From our offices in Birmingham, Newport and Doncaster, RSS Infrastructure has over 100 directly employed staff members and a diverse contingent labour workforce that covers most of the UK.
The company has developed a service portfolio that includes; Civils & Construction solutions, Magnetic Safety Barrier Fencing, Magnetic Points Boards, Overhead Line Electrification, Safety-Critical Resourcing, Signalling Services, Track Access, Vegetation Management and Welding Services and the UK’s sole provider of Track Warning Systems.
What will I be doing?
On a day to day basis, your role will involve:
- Lead from the front in performing all duties and mentor new operatives.
- Ensure that health and safety of all workers signed onto Safe System of Work pack.
- Ensure that works undertaken by individuals within your work group are carried out safely to remove risk of injury.
- Represent RSSI to the highest standard in all aspects including customer service, management of your work group and communication with RSSI clients.
- Ensure that all works are completed to the highest levels of quality and issues relating to the completion of work escalated to the client supervisor and RSSI Rail Manager.
- Attend whiteboard meetings/ PICOP meetings as and when required
- Review all your paperwork at least one shift in advance.
- Sign in and out with ES/PC in person and ensure a full brief is received.
- Fully brief all members of the work group on all aspects of the SSOW pack ensuring they sign the SSOW pack following the brief.
- To ensure all workers have read and understood safety briefings and sign these via the RSSI App.
- Responsible for ensuring that safety tours are regularly carried out, workers read, understand & sign NWR safety briefs as well as carrying out and recording safety conversations as and when required
- Record all close calls on RSSI app.
- Challenge, highlight and report ALL unsafe working practices.
- Ensure that all non-attendance is reported to the RSSI Resource Team or Out of Hours service.
- To ensure that all staff are in full PPE including face masks and goggles when signing in at Site Access.
- To ensure that hand arm vibration sensors (HAVS) are utilised by work group when operating small plant tools.
- Report any issues relating to, or absence of, worker authorisation cards on Amey sites.
- Respond to all instructions and queries from RSSI clients and Rail Managers in a calm and professional manner.
- Undertake any other duties, as requested by RSSI clients and RSSI management when requested provided these are safe.
What experience would we like you to have?
We are looking for qualified and competent Controllers of Site Safety and confident on track renewals & maintenance. A full driving licence is preferable but not essential.
What benefits will I receive?
RSS Infrastructure offers a range of benefits, including:
- Free training provided
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Long term, regular work
- Company van and fuel provided
- Free PPE
RSS Infrastructure has been recognised by Network Rail at the 2018 ‘Rail Partnership Awards’ for its work within the Rail and Construction industry, developing bespoke solutions for clients that deliver improved safety and productivity.
Our mission is to ensure that we make our clients operate more safely and achieve more productivity when on-site, whether delivering new projects, track renewal programmes, or maintaining the rail infrastructure.
We are not just another infrastructure company but also a trusted company that understands the value of partnerships and long-standing business relationships, continually looking to deliver outstanding performance and customer service. We remain one of the market-leading rail services groups in the UK.
We believe in individuals’ value and contribution, respecting our organisation’s diverse makeup and need people who want to make a difference to our clients and the Group’s growth.
Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, seven days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services into a highly demanding industry sector that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations.
A strong work ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business. We want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work-life without cutting corners and understanding the essence of safety and customer service. We are a people-orientated business, nurturing and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, RSS Infrastructure does not discriminate based on ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel, please visit our website.
How to apply
To apply forward your CV to email@example.com or apply onlineApply online