COSS Shrewsbury and surrounding areas14/11/2022 Arboriculture Shrewsbury
Shrewsbury and surrounding areas. Excellent rates of pay, PPE and Tools provided
Due to our continued growth and success, we are looking to recruit an experienced Controller of Site Safety (COSS) Working Mid-Week.
What will I be doing?
- Lead from the front in performing all duties.
- Ensure that the health and safety of all workers are signed onto the Safe System of Work pack.
- Ensure that all works are completed to the highest levels of quality and that issues relating to the completion of work escalate to the client supervisor and RSSI Rail Manager.
- Fully brief all members of the workgroup on all aspects of the SSOW pack ensuring they sign the SSOW pack following the brief.
- Record all close calls on the RSSI app.
- Ensure that all non-attendance is reported to the RSSI Resource Team or Out of Hours service.
- Ensure that all staff are in full PPE including face masks and goggles when signing in at Site Access.
- To ensure that hand arm vibration sensors (HAVS) are utilised by the workgroup when operating small plant tools.
- Respond to all instructions and queries from RSSI clients and Rail Managers in a calm and professional manner.
- Undertake any other duties, as requested by RSSI clients and RSSI management when requested provided these are safe.
What experience would we like you to have?
- In date PTS, with COSS competency
- COSS experience on De Veg projects
- Be prepared to help the Arb team when not undertaking COSS duties
- Experience in safety critical work, rail track renewals & maintenance.
- Full UK driving licence
RSS Infrastructure offers a range of benefits including:
- Free competency renewals and training provided
- Excellent prospects for advancement in your career
- Long term, consistent work
- All PPE provided
About RSS Infrastructure
RSS Infrastructure (RSSI) is a multi-disciplinary service provider for the rail and construction sectors. We have an award-winning reputation for developing solutions to improve safety and productivity.
Founded in 2007, RSSI provides a range of services to the infrastructure sector including; arboriculture, construction and civils, magnetic track safety services, overhead line electrification, possession management, safety-critical resources, signalling, and welding. RSSI is also the only company in the UK that offers Track Warning Systems.
RSSI has more than 150 full-time employees and a large contingent workforce that covers most of the UK. It operates from offices in Birmingham, Doncaster, and Cwmbran.
As an equal opportunities employer, RSSI does not discriminate based on ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender, or sexual orientation. As a proud signatory to the Armed Forces Covenant, we encourage reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we strive to create equal opportunities and encourage under-represented groups to apply for roles and join us, visit our parent company website – Work for Us.
How To Apply
To apply forward your CV to email@example.com or apply onlineApply online