RSS Infrastructure is seeking a skilled Controller of Site Safety (COSS) to join our team in Newcastle. As we continue to expand and succeed in the rail industry, we seek someone with experience and expertise to help us maintain our high safety and quality standards. The role involves working night shifts with a 10-hour shift from Saturday to Wednesday. We offer excellent rates of pay, as well as free PPE, hotel accommodation, meal allowance, van, and fuel card. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a continuous work commitment of at least 12 months. We encourage you to apply if you have the necessary qualifications and experience and are committed to ensuring safety on-site.
What will I be doing?
- Lead from the front in performing all duties and mentor new operatives.
- Ensure that the health and safety of all workers are signed onto the Safe System of Work pack.
- Ensure that all works are completed to the highest levels of quality and that issues relating to the completion of work escalate to the client supervisor and RSSI Rail Manager.
- Fully brief all workgroup members on all aspects of the SSOW pack, ensuring they sign the SSOW pack following the brief.
- Record all close calls on the RSSI app.
- Ensure that all non-attendance is reported to the RSSI Resource Team or Out of Hours service.
- Ensure all staff are in full PPE, including face masks and goggles, when signing in at Site Access.
- To ensure that hand-arm vibration sensors (HAVS) are utilised by the workgroup when operating small plant tools.
- Respond to all instructions and queries from RSSI clients and Rail Managers calmly and professionally.
- Undertake any other duties, as requested by RSSI clients and RSSI management when requested, provided these are safe.
What experience would we like you to have?
- In date PTS
- Qualified and competent Controller of Site Safety (COSS)
- Experience in line blockages is an advantage
- Full UK driving licence
RSS Infrastructure offers a range of benefits, including:
- Free competency renewals and training provided
- Excellent prospects for advancement in your career
- Long-term, consistent work
- All PPE provided
About RSS Infrastructure
RSS Infrastructure (RSSI) was awarded SME of the Year at the 2018 Rail Partnership Awards by Network Rail for its exceptional work within the Rail and Construction industry. With over 200 directly employed staff members and a diverse contingent labour workforce across the UK, RSS Infrastructure operates from offices in Birmingham, Cwmbran, and Doncaster. Our comprehensive service portfolio includes Civils & Construction, Magnetic Track Safety Solutions, Possession Management, Rail Operations, Safety Critical Resource & Recruitment, Signalling Services, Track Access, Vegetation Management and Welding. We are also the leading provider of Track Warning Systems in the UK.
We aim to ensure that we operate safely and productively when delivering new projects, track renewal programs or maintaining the UK’s infrastructure. We are a trusted partner focused on building long-lasting business relationships and delivering outstanding performance and customer service.
We value the contribution of individuals and believe in nurturing and investing in our staff to become the best in their fields. RSS Infrastructure is an equal opportunities employer that actively encourages reservists and Armed Forces veterans to apply for positions.