Construction Manager18/10/2021 Construction and Civils Department West Midlands
West Midlands Based – Full Time permanent position, salary negotiable + competitive benefits package
RSS Infrastructure Ltd (RSSI), has been recognised by Network Rail at the 2018 ‘Rail Partnership Awards’ for its work within the Rail and Construction industry, developing bespoke solutions for clients that deliver improved safety and productivity.
From our offices in Birmingham, Doncaster and Newport, RSS Infrastructure has over 100 directly employed staff members and a diverse contingent labour workforce that cover the majority of the UK. The company has developed a service portfolio that includes; Arboriculture, Construction & Civils, Magnetic Safety Services, OLE, Resource & Recruitment, Signalling and Welding, as well as being the UK’s sole provider of Track Warning Systems.
What will I be doing?
Our Construction Manager will be responsible for liaison with our clients where there is a need for Construction and Civils projects and solutions. You will identify and effectively work with, and plan, the efficient use of labour, plant and equipment whilst also managing variable costs and identifying efficiencies that can be made through regular reviews of processes in the department and interfaces with other departments. In addition, you will be responsible for managing site activities and ensure health and safety compliance in the delivery of projects. On a day-to-day basis your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Managing & and accurately producing all work plans being financially aware of the costings associated with each project and highlighting any areas where costs are growing.
- Managing site activities and ensuring health and safety compliance in the delivery of projects.
- Understanding and experience of working with CDM regulations on both rail and non rail projects
- Understanding/experience of working on projects delivered under Principal contractor’s license
- Completing & maintaining accurate, auditable and up to date records of time spent per project ensuring planning costs are kept within budget.
- Completing and maintaining accurate payroll records ensuring all workers are paid accurately, first time.
- Assisting in the development, coaching and training of new and current staff ensuring all standards are maintained.
- Assisting the Delivery Manager with staff reviews, appraisals, and disciplinary issues.
- Ensuring that processes and procedures are carried out in line with Group policies and maintain accurate and efficient order to invoice process against all required timescales.
- Ensuring safety is delivered throughout all aspects of the organisation to the highest standards
- Ensuring clear communication with the Fleet department to ensure the relevant vehicle requirements are met.
What experience would we like you to have?
In order to be selected for interview for this role, it is essential that you hold a current CSCS manager card, hold either IOSH Managing Safely or an SMSTS qualification and possess excellent communication, people and team management skills. An ability to challenge designs and resolve problems to conclusion is also essential. A Temporary Works Co-Ordinator and First Aid at Work qualification would be advantageous. Experience in small civil works especially RRAPs and level crossings would be advantageous.
RSS Infrastructure offers a range of benefits including:
- 20 days paid annual leave rising to 25 plus statutory bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private Medical Cover
- Company Car / Car Allowance
- Sick Pay
Our mission is to ensure that we make our clients operate more safely and achieve more productivity when on site, whether delivering new projects, track renewal programmes or maintenance of the rail infrastructure. We are not just another infrastructure company, but a trusted company who understands the value of partnerships and long standing business relationships, continually looking to deliver outstanding performance and customer service, and we remain as one of the market leading rail services groups within the UK.
We believe in the value and contribution of individuals, respecting the diverse make up of our organisation and need people who want to make a difference to our clients and to the growth of the Group. Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services in to a highly demanding industry sector, that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations. A strong worth ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business, we want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work life, without cutting corners and who understand the essence of safety and customer service. We are a people orientated business, nurturing, and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, RSS Infrastructure do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel please visit our website.
How To Apply
To apply forward your CV to email@example.com or apply onlineApply online