Climber Shrewsbury30/11/2022 Vegetation Management Department Shrewsbury
Shrewsbury based. Excellent rates of pay, Van and Fuel Card.
As a climber you will make up part of a 2–3-man team, on commercial tree works and on occasion depending on demand you may be expected to travel 1-2 hours from your base works to provide cover in other teams.
- Competent and comfortable in the following climbing disciplines; Crown lifting, Crown reducing, Crown Dismantles & basic roping down.
- Understand the delivery of all elements of forestry works.
- Consider occupational and environmental risks to members of the workforce and public.
- To maintain a healthy working relationship with Principal Contractors and/or Contractors, obtaining future work plans to assist growth.
- Knowledge of H&S in all elements of site delivery
- Excellent understanding of tree identification
- Ability to complete risk assessments and daily checks to a high standard
- Confidence to understand and brief out risk assessments
- Good understanding of how to identify, and work to, industry best practice and deliver excellent standards of work.
What experience would we like you to have?
To be considered for these roles we are looking for individuals who can demonstrate
- Experience of delivering forestry works within a railway environment
- Hold NPTC CS30, CS31, CS38, CS39 and First Aid at Work Certificate
- Comfortable communicating with site teams
It is desirable that the candidate holds the following; Personal Track Safety (PTS), Wood Chipper, MEWP, B+E License, these are not essential as training will be provided.
RSS Infrastructure offer a range of benefits including:
- Free competency training and renewals provided
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Long term, regular work
- Transport provided
- All PPE required provided
- Accommodation and meals paid for
RSS Infrastructure has been recognised at the Rail Partnership Awards and Rail Business Awards for its work within the Rail and Construction industry, developing bespoke solutions for clients that deliver improved safety and productivity.
Founded in 2007, we have rapidly established ourselves within the rail sector with a comprehensive range of services, particularly for supplying Contingent Labour. Operating from our offices in Birmingham, Doncaster and Cwmbran, we are focused on providing high levels of customer service, quality, safety and value-driven engineering solutions and advice to all our customers.
The company has over 100 directly employed staff members and a diverse contingent labour workforce that cover the majority of the UK. We have developed a service portfolio that includes; Arboriculture, Construction & Civils, Magnetic Track Safety Services, Overhead Line Electrification, Resource & Recruitment, Signalling and Welding, as well as being the UK’s sole provider of Track Warning Systems.
RSS Infrastructure and INFRA Skills are members of Auctus Management Group. All group members deliver a range of services covering safety, people solutions, training and community engagement across the infrastructure sector.
How To Apply
To apply forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply onlineApply online