Bid & Proposal Manager16/12/2021 Business Development West Midlands
Birmingham Based – Salary negotiable based upon experience, plus excellent benefits package + bonus.
Auctus Management Group Ltd delivers a range of infrastructure services, safety-critical staff, training, induction, assessment and certification solutions to support and maintain the UK’s infrastructure, ensuring that we manage and deliver to our client expectations. Our group consists of RSS Infrastructure and INFRA Skills.
RSS Infrastructure has over 100 directly employed staff members and a diverse contingent labour workforce covering most of the UK, from our offices in Birmingham, Newport and Doncaster. The company has developed a service portfolio that includes; Overhead Line Electrification, Vegetation Management, Track Access, Construction & Civils, Safety-Critical Resource Services, Signalling and Welding Services, and the UK’s sole provider of Track Warning Systems.
INFRA Skills focuses on delivering high-quality training and assessments. Our service-driven philosophy is embedded in all aspects of the business and is backed up by our dedicated training team. The company aims to deliver a range of services covering safety, people solutions, training and community engagement to the highest possible standards.
What will I be doing?
As part of the organisations Senior Management Team, you will play a vital role in the organisations’ growth and development leading a team to co-ordinate and produce proposal responses and the manage the pipeline of bids/tenders for Auctus Management Group and subsidiary companies. As this is a highly networked role, it requires the ability to work under pressure and to often challenging deadlines meaning the position requires an individual with the ability to plan, produce and deliver compliant bids within tight deadlines.
On a day to day basis your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Scheduling and running proposal kick-off meetings as well as facilitating key review meetings, final document review and coordinating proposal governance and sign-off
- Introduction and implementation of all necessary proposal procedures and processes
- Regular involvement with strategic management team on bids and pipeline of bids
- Management and review of the full bid process from Expression of Interest (EOI) through to final bid submission
- Regularly liaison with the Head of Account Development to understand and research target markets including geography, sectors etc, and present to the Board
- Registration, control and management of the varied online bid/tender portals used by clients and government bodies to ensure pipeline of opportunities identified which are aligned to the Group strategy
- Delivery of compliant, professionally produced proposals within customer defined timeframes
- Co-ordination and review/editing of proposal input from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from marketing, operational teams, finance and commercial and identify key bid contribution teams/subject matter experts
- Communication and influence at all levels within the organisation
- Coaching your team in persuasive writing and proposal best practice
- Document template management in line with company branding
- Continued development of the bid library to manage the full process, creating a professional suite of standard information and answers, which is regularly updated
- Development of a thorough understanding of the business strengths and weaknesses
- Working with the wider business stakeholders to develop a business bid library containing best practice, articles and case studies
- Development and maintenance of the current bid documents to ensure they are relevant and fit for purpose
- Development of bid processes to include a bid/no bid decision making tool and a bid management tool to track all live bids/proposals
- Development of Gantt chart/timeline template to be completed for every bid, to demonstrate each bid as a separate project which can feed into the bid/project pipeline, recruitment, succession plans etc.
- Evaluation of bids to ensure continuous improvement and areas of strengths and development areas
- Line Management of a Bid Writer and Apprentice Bid Administrator
What experience would we like you to have?
In order to be considered for this position, we are seeking and Bid Manager with a minimum of 2 years previous experience. Sector knowledge would be advantageous but is not essential.
Auctus Management Group offers a range of benefits, including:
- 20 days paid annual leave + 8 bank holidays (increasing with length of service to 25)
- Contributory pension scheme
- BHSF healthcare cash plan
- Private Health Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Sick pay increasing with length of service
- Long service awards
Our mission is to ensure that we make our clients operate more safely and achieve more productivity when on-site, whether delivering new projects, track renewal programmes, or maintaining the rail infrastructure.
We are not just another infrastructure company but also a trusted company that understands the value of partnerships and long-standing business relationships, continually looking to deliver outstanding performance and customer service. We remain one of the market-leading rail services groups in the UK.
We believe in individuals’ value and contribution, respecting our organisation’s diverse makeup and need people who want to make a difference to our clients and the group’s growth.
Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, seven days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services into a highly demanding industry sector that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations.
A strong work ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business. We want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work-life without cutting corners and understanding the essence of safety and customer service. We are a people-orientated business, nurturing and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, Auctus Management Group does not discriminate based on ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender, or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel, please visit our website.
How To Apply
To apply forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply onlineApply online