We are looking to grow our Arb department to work on various projects across the UK, including HS2, MMA, Highways, Commercial and Rail. As an Arborist Climber at RSS Infrastructure, you will be an essential part of a dynamic team responsible for performing various tree care services, including pruning, removal, and maintenance.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Climbing trees to perform pruning and removal operations using safe and efficient techniques.
- Operating and maintaining tree care equipment, such as chainsaws, chippers, and ropes.
- Safely removing hazardous limbs or trees, ensuring the safety of team members and clients.
- Crown lifting, Crown reducing, and Crown dismantling.
- Consider occupational and environmental risks to members of the workforce and the public.
- Maintain a healthy working relationship with Principal Contractors and/or Contractors, obtaining future work plans to assist growth.
- Knowledge of H&S in all elements of site delivery
- complete risk assessments and daily checks to a high standard
- brief risk assessments confidently
- Experience as an Arborist Climber.
- Proficient climbing and rigging skills.
- Hold NPTC CS30, CS31, CS38 and First Aid at Work Certificate
- Strong knowledge of tree care and maintenance techniques.
- Ability to identify tree species and common tree diseases.
- Good understanding of how to identify and work to industry best practices and deliver excellent standards of work.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
It is desirable that the candidate hold the following; PTS (Personal track safety), CS39, Chipper, and MEWP
About RSS Infrastructure
RSS Infrastructure (RSSI) is a multi-disciplinary service provider for the rail and construction sectors. We have an award-winning reputation for developing solutions to improve safety and productivity.
Founded in 2007, RSSI provides a range of services to the infrastructure sector including; arboriculture, construction and civils, magnetic track safety services, overhead line electrification, possession management, safety-critical resources, signalling, and welding. RSSI is also the only company in the UK that offers Track Warning Systems.
RSSI has more than 150 full-time employees and a large contingent workforce that covers most of the UK. It operates from offices in Birmingham, Doncaster, and Cwmbran.
As an equal opportunities employer, RSSI does not discriminate based on ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender, or sexual orientation. As a proud signatory to the Armed Forces Covenant, we encourage reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we strive to create equal opportunities and encourage under-represented groups to apply for roles and join us, visit our parent company website – Work for Us.
How to apply
In the first instance, please complete the application form ⤵️
alternatively, contact Becky Clift – firstname.lastname@example.org