Administrator19/05/2022 Administrator Birmingham
Birmingham Based. Full Time permanent position, competitive salary and benefits package.
RSS Infrastructure (RSSI), has been recognised by Network Rail at the 2018 ‘Rail Partnership Awards’, being awarded SME of the Year, for its work within the Rail and Construction industry, developing bespoke solutions for clients that deliver improved safety and productivity.
From our offices in Birmingham, Newport and Doncaster, RSS Infrastructure has over 100 directly employed staff members and a diverse contingent labour workforce that cover the majority of the UK. The company has developed a service portfolio that includes; Overhead Line Electrification, Vegetation Management, Track Access, Civils/Construction solutions, Safety Critical Resource Services, Magnetic Safety Barrier Fencing, Magnetic Points Boards, Signalling Services as well as being the UK’s sole provider of Track Warning Systems.
What will I be doing?
Due to increases in business levels, we are looking to add a talented and effective Administrator to our existing Administration team to work across divisional departments, ensuring that all staff and contractor records are checked, recorded and maintained both electronically and within document files. Strong communication skills are essential as you will need to liaise with departments/suppliers regarding sponsorship/sub sponsorship requirements as required by industry standards and work within the administration team to ensure full compliance and implementation of any new processes and procedures to ensure that all HSQE reporting is delivered on a timely basis to support the quality aspects of HSQE.
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for the following aspects of company process:
Staff & Contractor Training Matrix
- Working with divisional departments you will ensure all specialist competencies are set and managed within company systems
- Ensuring all staff and contractor competencies on application to the business are checked/verified and recorded
- Undertaking full and regular reviews of the training/competency matrix with each department to ensure records remain up to date and accurate.
- Where competencies are about to expire, ensure that they are approved by line the manger to be refreshed so that subsequent training can be booked and communicated accordingly.
- Recording new training completed for existing staff and new starters within the appropriate system
- Controlling Sentinel, CSCS, CPCS checks, competency reviews and sponsorship/sub sponsorship arrangements
- Ensuring all formal company documents are correctly categorised, stored and available via the intranet, and where required creating and supporting sector-specific requirements.
- Ensuring that all revisions to documents are numbered and uploaded to the intranet on a timely basis
- Being responsible for the communication to the business of new versions of documents
- Maintaining a diarised approach to document review, prompting Head of Department to review and update documents before the deadline
- Maintaining an archive for previous document versions
- Maintaining, reviewing and updating any documentation linked to any Awarding body, supporting the preparation and closeout of Audits
- Be a passionate promoter of process and procedure within the business, right first time driven
- Work with the HSQE Team to ensure that all information required for auditing purposes is available on a timely basis; be responsible for monitoring the audit schedule in order to plan when information and reports need to be available for review/submission
- Have the ability to take on small projects autonomously or as part of a team
What experience would we like you to have?
In order to be selected for interview your application should demonstrate a minimum of 2 years previous administration experience and/or a L3 qualification in Business Administration as well as
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritise effectively
- Great work ethic
- Good attention to detail
- Flexibility as this role will over time become quite demanding, so it is essential that the selected individual has the ability to withstand a degree of personal and professional pressure
- Good IT Skills
RSS Infrastructure offer a range of benefits including:
- 20 days paid annual leave rising to 25 plus statutory bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private Medical Cover (after qualifying period)
- Health cash plan (after qualifying period)
- Sick Pay
Our mission is to ensure that we make our clients operate more safely and achieve more productivity when on site, whether delivering new projects, track renewal programmes or maintenance of the rail infrastructure. We are not just another infrastructure company, but a trusted company who understands the value of partnerships and long standing business relationships, continually looking to deliver outstanding performance and customer service, and we remain as one of the market leading rail services groups within the UK.
We believe in the value and contribution of individuals, respecting the diverse make up of our organisation and need people who want to make a difference to our clients and to the growth of the Group. Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services in to a highly demanding industry sector, that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations. A strong work ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business, we want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work life, without cutting corners and who understand the essence of safety and customer service. We are a people orientated business, nurturing, and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, RSS Infrastructure do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel please visit our website.
How To Apply
In the first instance, please forward your CV to email@example.comApply online