Access Planner12/05/2022 Access Planner Home Working/York
Home Working, York – Excellent rates of pay, Van and Fuel Card
What Will I Be Doing?
Our client requires an Access Planner with good all-round railway operational expertise. You will work on a number of major programmes ensuring all stakeholder deliverables are effectively planned and achieved. Hybrid working, required to go to the York office one day per week.
The Access Planner role is a critical and mandatory position within all railway infrastructure projects requiring access on or near the line. The Access Planner is responsible for liaising with multiple contacts to develop, plan, book then deliver the access plan whilst ensuring the plan meets with the access requirements of each project to deliver the project and whilst maintaining compliance at all times.
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for:
- Booking worksites through the national possession planning system
- Work with NWR and third parties to resolve any access conflicts
- Review all work content with the project management team and the client to ensure the access plan is fully understood and suitable for the task
- Ensure that all access requirements are planned and delivered in accordance with NR/L2/OHS/019/09
- Undertake the role in a manner that is consistent with, and reinforces company standards
- Liaise with NWR and other contractors to maximise available track access
- Identify and communicate interface risks and opportunities
What Experience Would We Like You To Have?
- Knowledge of the relevant railway geography, access capability requirements, rules of route and operational planning timescales, NROL and PPS systems, relevant train services and capacity and possession standards and parameters
- Ability to accurately record data for RISQS/ RIPS
- Able to make critical decisions based on evidence
- Experienced in similar planning role on other multiple disciplined projects
- PTS, with ES competency desirable
- Understanding of planning process
- Knowledge of risk assessment process
- In-depth knowledge of group & line standards
- Knowledge of HSE requirements
- Appreciation of design & installation
- Development of project access plans
- Successful delivery of access plans and strategies
RSS Infrastructure offers a range of benefits including:
- Free competency renewals and training provided
- Excellent prospects for advancement in your career
- Long term, consistent work
- All PPE provided
RSS Infrastructure Ltd has been recognised at the Rail Partnership Awards and Rail Business Awards for its work within the Rail and Construction industry, developing bespoke solutions for clients that deliver improved safety and productivity.
Founded in 2007, we have rapidly established ourselves within the rail sector with a comprehensive range of services, particularly for supplying Contingent Labour. Operating from our offices in Birmingham, Doncaster and Cwmbran, we are focused on providing high levels of customer service, quality, safety and value-driven engineering solutions and advice to all our customers.
The company has over 100 directly employed staff members and a diverse contingent labour workforce that cover the majority of the UK. We have developed a service portfolio that includes; Arboriculture, Construction & Civils, Magnetic Track Safety Services, Overhead Line Electrification, Resource & Recruitment, Signalling and Welding, as well as being the UK’s sole provider of Track Warning Systems.
RSS Infrastructure Ltd and INFRA Skills Ltd are members of Auctus Management Group Ltd. All group members deliver a range of services covering safety, people solutions, training and community engagement across the infrastructure sector.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, RSS Infrastructure do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel please visit our website.
How To Apply
To apply please either:
- Forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click the ‘Apply Online’ button below